This government agency in Australia partnered with PeopleScout to develop and launch a platform that facilitates internal mobility for government workers who are potentially impacted by the economic downturn due to COVID-19 or looking to move within their department or other government agencies.
- Employees are able to self-manage profiles showcasing employee demographics, education and work history, and specific skills and competencies
- Employees who may have been affected by COVID-19 are given priority access and visibility to all job opportunities across the agency before they are advertised externally
- Employees can self-rate on key competencies
- AI technology matches candidates to open opportunities across the government and provides alerts to candidates on open job opportunities
- Increased engagement of existing staff, while reducing the use of expensive contingent labor hire resources
- Recruiters have a strong sense of what other positions may be a good fit for internal employees, based on hard and soft skills
As a result of COVID-19, the client was operating with a lean workforce and limited resources. They required a solution that allowed them to leverage the skills and competencies of their existing workforce so they could save the time, cost and resources it takes to access the external candidate market.
They partnered with PeopleScout to develop and launch a platform which facilitates internal mobility for workers who are potentially impacted by the economic downturn due to COVID-19 or looking to move within their department or other government agencies. This allowed the client to engage their workforce through enhanced workforce mobility, skills development and career opportunities within the department and across the government.
PeopleScout created an internal mobility platform using our proprietary talent technology, Affinix™, to give the client insight into the scope and experience of their internal talent. By utilising candidate profiles, hiring managers are not only able to see employee demographics, education and work history, but also specific skills and competencies.
When an employee creates their profile, they have the opportunity to rate their own competencies and leaders within the organisation can rate and leave comments about their performance as well. This gives recruiters a strong sense of what other positions may be a good fit for internal employees, based on hard and soft skills—such as strong cross-functional collaboration abilities.
PeopleScout’s Affinix Internal Mobility platform gives the client a holistic view of candidates, and when a requisition is posted within the platform, Affinix automatically looks for employees who may be a good fit and proactively recommends candidates based on their profile.