Our client wanted to drive a significant % of hires through the ERP. This was based on Dr. John Sullivan’s research indicating that the results of a successful ERP program would provide significant benefits for the organisation:
The key principles that go into a good ERP include:
- Simple and easy to understand for all employees (conditions, incentives, how to submit etc.)
- Ensure that the program is enabled by technology so that it is easy for all staff to submit referrals.
- Ensure that there is a high-touch element (act promptly on all referrals to thank the referrer and contact the referee)
- Brand the ERP and take a planned communication approach to ensure constant awareness of the ERP by all staff
- Actively manage the program by monitoring both inputs (number of referrals) and outputs (number of placements made via ERP)
- Provide timely feedback to the referrer about the candidate he/she has referred.
PeopleScout took the following steps to launch and manage the program:
- Designed the Employee Referral Program
- Developed and launched the ERP’s creative concept “Connect”
- Designed Employee Referral process, policies and principles
- Managed the initial launch and ongoing promotion of the program
- 5 placements on average per month
- Annual average of 15% of all placements, reaching over 20% at one point